tgif

Photobucket

Friday, November 12, 2010

Kanye Upset On The Today Show


Kanye West had an emotional appearance on the "Today Show" recently and now the video footage of the event has leaked online (see below). Apparently the "Today Show" host Matt Lauer (who interviewed President Bush previously) tried to makeKanye watch a clip of George W. Bush's interview when Kanye expressed his frustration and explained his motivation for doing a one-on-one interview on television was not for glamour.
"I didn't need you guys to show me the tape and prompt my emotions to what I'm going to say," said West referring to Bush describing the rapper's racist remarks about him during the 2005 Hurricane Katrina disaster. "Pre-looking at his face, I came up here because I wanted to say something to him right after the fact. I don't really have to do the TV stuff. This is reality, this is the real thing going on. I don't need all the jazz...I'm here to man up to different mistakes that I made and speak to the moment when I pegged George Bush as a racist...I came here to say I've made mistakes and grown as a person and that it's not as easy as boxing someone into a villain role or into a race role. I did not have the information, enough information in that situation to call him a racist. That might've been the emotion that I felt."

No comments:

Post a Comment