tgif

Photobucket

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dr Dre Talks Rap Retirement; Covers XXL


Dr Dre will cover the new December/January issue of XXL magazine, in which he talks about being done...as a rapper.
"I don't ever see myself retiring totally from music, because I have a genuine love and passion for it," he said. "But as far as me going into the mic booth, that sh*t is over. I'm always going to talent scout and try to find new artists to work with. But, yeah, that's it. I don't see myself doing it the way I'm doing it now. I'm in the studio at least five or six days a week for 16, 18 hours. I think I'm going to back off a little bit and spend some time with the family." (XXL)
Dre also talks about his current state of mind and the status of his upcoming "Detox" album. The hit rapper slash producer says there are a few things that get to him (including his age), but he has ways around that.
“I’m really feeling it now. My energy has been back and forth with the record, tussling with doing it out of obligation, as opposed to doing it because I really feel it. My feelings about it have been going up and down. Now I’m in that place where I’m really feeling it, and it’s coming out right. It’s like, Yeah, I’m excited about it.

“The only part that has been pushing me back is just the fact that I’m getting older, and certain things to talk about… But I can incorporate other artists, new artists with this record, to say some of the things I won’t say. It’s been a little tussle in that area also, just because of age and being able to identify with the younger audience.” (XXL)

No comments:

Post a Comment