tgif

Photobucket

Monday, January 24, 2011

CAM'RON SNUBS XXL'S VADO FRESHMEN OFFER, "I'M NOT TRYING TO BE AN A**HOLE"


Dipset's Cam'ron has turned down an opportunity for his Diplomat affiliate Vado to grace the upcoming cover of XXL Magazine's Freshmen 2011 issue in light of an upcoming feature in The Source

According to Cam, there is no love lost, however, he preferred for his artist to be a standout on the magazine cover as opposed to being featured on a list.

"This is what happened, straight up and down, what happened was this-- [XXL Magazine EIC Vanessa Satten] called me about doing it. You know they didn't put him on last year. They wanted him on this year. So Allan [Grunblatt], that's the CEO at [E1 Music]. Me and Vado have an album coming out and Jim [Jones]has an album coming out. So I told the lady at XXL I'd get back to her because I was saying, if Vado does do the cover for XXL, I want him to be a main focus. I'm not trying to be an a**hole or be like, it's us or nothing. I'm just trying to say, my man put a lot of work in the last year. So I'm not trying to say the other people that's coming up shouldn't be on the cover either. I'm not saying that, I'm saying just give him a little focus on the cover, and she said she didn't know if she could do that, this that and the third -- But what happened is, we got an album out -- so the dude at Koch, Allan Grunblatt, he went to The Source and [got us] the cover -- it doesn't make sense for him to be behind seven people on the [XXL] cover and he's gonna be front face on The Sourcecover with me and Jim. So, I told her that I couldn't do it because she couldn't give any guarantees on how his look was going to be. I still love the XXL and appreciate all the support they've given us."

No comments:

Post a Comment