tgif

Photobucket

Friday, September 10, 2010

Jay-Z Signs Will Smith's 9 Year-Old To Roc Nation


Hip Hop mogul Jay-Z has now confirmed reports and rumors that he had signed actor Will Smith's 9-year-old daughter Willow to his new Roc Nation label. Beyond the deal, Jiggaexplained how he met the young singer.

"First off, I heard the record first, before I knew that it was recorded by a nine year-old,"
Jaysaid in an interview with radio host Ryan Seacrest. "I was like, 'Man, that record is a smash.' -- I went to Japan to do some stuff and they were out there and I met Willow and she walked in and the first thing she said was, 'I'm really nervous,' and I thought that maturity, explaining exactly how she was feeling as she was walking in the room, I knew right there she was a star. I believe in super stars and I believe in big records on super stars...Yes, [I signed her and we plan on helping her] facilitate all her ideas. As you're going to learn today, if you sit with her for a half hour, you'll see, she's just a wealth of information and ideas...She's a child, she has child innocence but she has a refreshing clear vision of what she wants to be...And I imagine that's how Mike [Jackson] was as a kid."

No comments:

Post a Comment