tgif

Photobucket

Monday, June 21, 2010

Wacka Flocka Explains The Dumbed-Down "Music" Of Today


Ever wondered why most music these days just sounds like random non-words and sounds thrown together and put over a beat? Well...you're not alone. Many folks, including myself, are baffled over this dumbed-down music takeover. But here's the possible answer. Wacka Flocka Flame...the latest culprit in creating foolish ass (but annoyingly catchy) songs...explains why he goes this route, as opposed to really rapping.
Wacka Flocka Flame was interviewed by The Source TV. He talks about how he feels about his music and he addresses the criticism about it. He says that he is a party starter, just like the style of Kid ‘n’ Play. Also, his definition of success is selling records to gold status (500,000). He believes in staying in his own lane by making his own way in the music industry, because he knows he will get bodied in the real rap lane:

* “I’m like ‘Kid ‘n’ Play’. I come to get your party started. I don’t come to make you laugh. That’s what the rappers
are for. I’m a party starter. That’s it! If the party is dead, I’m going to come hype it up and then leave.”



* “I stay natural. I’m a mood record. Whatever mood I’m in then that’s what I rap about.”



* “I literally have too much sh** to do. Seriously! I got a CEO who’s locked up (interview onviously done before Gucci was released), I got a label to hold down. I got bills, brothers, families, friends that need me.”



* “You can look lame as hell because when you flex like you can rap, they are going to put your ass on the spot. Radio stations or anywhere. Any freestyle you do. You are going to be looking lame. When you know I don’t have any lyrics, you ain’t even going to ask me for no freestyle. It is what it is! Who didn’t grow up listening to punch lines? C’mon now! Why would I knock you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment