tgif

Photobucket

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Real Rick Ross Continues Rick Ross Fight


The real Rick Ross, former drug king Freeway Ricky Ross, officially filed a trademark infringement lawsuit againt not only the Triple C's leader rapper Rick Ross, but also Jay-Z. The paperwork filed shows that he is trying to block the release of the upcoming "Teflon Don" album, adding Jay-Z to the suit since he signed Rick Ross to Def Jam records. Both artists will be called to testify in the process in which he is trying to get a temporary restraining order.

Last month, the real life Ricky Ross said he would try to do this in a legal manner. "I just want my name back," Rick told XXL. "I don't want to have to be 'the real Rick Ross.' When I go places I have to explain to people that I am the real one because Def Jam has put him on TV and now people recognize him. It causes a conflict." Although he hasn't made up his mind about whether he wants complete rights over the use of the name or just damages, he maintains that the suit is not personal. "It ain't even really against William Roberts you know what I'm saying?" Ross added. "It's really against Def Jam because they making all this money off of my name and you know those guys didn't even reach out and said hello to me since I been home."

No comments:

Post a Comment