tgif

Photobucket

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Missy Remembers Aaliyah 9 Years Later


Rapper Missy Elliot, who was extremely close to singer Aaliyah, recently talked about the memories she has of the late artist who died in a plane crash. On the anniversary of Aaliyah's death, Missy Elliot talks about who now is closest in comparison to her friend.

"I think it's hard for
Aaliyah to be duplicated, because she had her own lane. But Ciara is an R&B singer who loves to dance, and Aaliyah was that same kinda artist. We knew when she dropped a record, we couldn't wait for the video. I think Aaliyah has influenced artists like aCiara...We've had so many memorable times. My most memorable is when me, her and [Timbaland] wore outfits alike! It was burgundy Pony outfits to the awards. Mind you, Aaliyahwas petite so her Pony outfit looked so cute on her, but I kept looking at mine during the awards whispering to her saying, 'I feel like a big-a** pony for real!' And we laughed and laughed! Too many memories to state them all! If she was still with us, she would still be at the top. Because she always stayed pushing herself to be better."

No comments:

Post a Comment