tgif

Photobucket

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ja Rule Says 50 Cent Didn't End His Career


Former Murder INC rapper Ja Rule recently opened up about staying relevant in the rap game and his past beef with 50 Cent, adding why he thinks 50 did not end his careerr. Ja says he feels he still sold albums once the beef started to die down around 2004.

"Yeah, I'm starting to now see people that may have hated on me in the beginning are not rooting for me and want to see me win," Rule explained in an interview. "That to me is big. The best part about it is I'm humbled by it all. I feel like everybody deserves a second chance to do whatever. Really, I feel that my situation was an unfair situation. A very unique, very odd situation. Nobody ever seen anything like that in hip-hop, you know? I laugh when I see people say sh*t like, 'Yo, [50 Cent] kilt Rule, but he didn't kill [Rick] Ross.' No disrespect to Ross, but he did 180-something [first week sales of Teflon Don]. I went platinum with [2004's] R.U.L.E. after I made [2003's] Blood In My Eye. I look at sh*t like that and... I don't know, take it how you want to take it. I was a much bigger selling artist than just platinum so I guess that's why people felt I took a hit. But the music industry was taking a hit at that time, too. You can't really judge it or try to make an issue out of it, or an excuse. It just is what it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment